Change the domain on my Office 365 email account
The following conditions need to be met before the option the change your domain will be available:
- Your domain name must be registered with GoDaddy.
- The domain needs to be registered in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
- The zone file for the domain needs to be active with GoDaddy and in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click on the email address you wish to update.
- Inside the area labeled Account Information, click Edit in the top right hand corner.
- Next to Username, click on Change domain. A dropdown list will appear showing all domains in your account that meet the requirements for use on Office 365.
- After selecting your new domain, click the Save button.
Note: If your password has expired, the system will prompt you to create a new password. In that case, enter and confirm a new password for your mailbox to proceed.Please allow up to 24 hours for your domain change to take affect.