Connect Microsoft SQL Server Web or Standard with Plesk
If you're trying to add MS SQL Web or Standard to your server, you can configure Plesk to recognize the SQL Server installation.
- Log in to Plesk.
- Click the Server tab.
- Under Applications & Databases, click Database Servers.
- Click Add Database Server.
- Make sure that Microsoft SQL Server is selected in the drop down menu for Database server type.
- In the Host name or IP address field, enter localhost.
- Check the box next to Use this server as default for Microsoft SQL Server.
- In the Authentication field, enter your admin username and password for SQL Server.
- Click OK.
SQL Server Express is now added to your Plesk configuration.
You can now create databases directly through Plesk.