Disable comments on old posts in WordPress
You can prevent users from commenting on old WordPress pages and posts as a way to help prevent comment spam.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Locate the Other comment settings section
- Check the box next to the line stating, "Automatically close comments on articles older than XX days"
- On the same line, change the Day setting to the number you prefer
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- After making the above changes, users will not be able to comment on any pages or posts after the number of days you specified.