How do I change the domain on my Office 365 email address?
When you set up additional email addresses in Office 365, the default domain for your new email address will be the one you used during your organization set up. Sometimes you may need to change the domain associated with your address.
The following conditions need to be met before the option the change your domain will be available:
- Your domain name must be registered with GoDaddy.
- The domain needs to be registered in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
- The zone file for the domain needs to be active with GoDaddy and in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click on the email address you wish to update.
- Inside the area labeled Account Information, click Edit in the top right hand corner.
- Next to Username, click on Change domain. A dropdown list will appear showing all domains in your account that meet the requirements for use on Office 365.
- After selecting your new domain, click the green Save button.