Install WordPress manually
If you do not want to install WordPress using your control panel's quick installer, then you can install a new copy of WordPress manually.
- Download the .zip from the WordPress Release Archive.
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to install WordPress.
- Upload the .zip file.
- Unzip the file. (Web & Classic
Note: If you don't have a way to unzip the file on your hosting account, you'll need to unzip the file on your local computer, and then upload the unzipped files.
- Create a MySQL database and user. (Web & Classic / cPanel / Plesk / Linux Servers)
- From your browser, navigate to the domain and folder where you unzipped the files.
Note: Example: exampledomain.com/wordpress
- Select your preferred language, and click Continue.
- Make note of the required database details, and then click Let's Go.
- Enter the details for the MySQL database you created earlier, then click Submit.
Note: You can find your database's hostname if you do not know it.
- Click, Run the install.
- Complete the form by entering the following information, and then click Install WordPress
- Site Title is your WordPress site's title.
- Username is used to access the WordPress Dashboard.
- Password is used to access the WordPress Dashboard along with the Username.
- Your email is where you will receive any notifications you configure for your site.
- After receiving confirmation of a successful install, click Log In.
- Return to Install WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.