Save and export Workspace Email using Thunderbird
Export your Workspace Email using Thunderbird on Mac or Windows. Your messages will save as .eml files, which you can upload to most email clients, including Outlook.
Before you can export your email, you'll need to:
- Install Thunderbird.
- Set up Workspace Email on Thunderbird
- Create folders on your computer for your Inbox and Sent Items (called Outbox in Thunderbird).
Step 1: Export email
You'll export messages from your Inbox and Outbox as individual .eml files. For example, if you have 10 messages, they'll save as 10 .eml files. Create folders on your computer (like in your Downloads) to keep track of the .eml files that belong in your Inbox and the .eml files that belong in your Outbox.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Select the Inbox folder containing the messages you want to export.
- Select all the messages you want to save. Use Ctrl+A for Windows or Cmd+A for macOS.
- Select and hold (or right-click) and choose Save selected messages, and then EML format.
- Select the folder on your computer where the message will be saved.
- Select Open. Your messages save as .eml files in the folder, which depending on the number of files, can take a few minutes.
Repeat for your Outbox and any other files to save and export their messages.
Step 2: Import email
Now that your email is saved as .eml files, import them to Outlook or another email client. Here's how to import .eml files in Outlook.
- Open Outlook.
- Create new folders to store your messages from Workspace Email. In your Inbox or Outbox, select and hold (or right-click) and choose New Folder. Enter a folder name and select the Enter key.
- From your computer, open the folder where you saved your .eml files.
- Drag and drop the .eml files into your new Outlook folder. Your .eml files add to Outlook as new messages that you can access anytime.
You can use the same type of process to move email files to other email clients.