Send text messages from my email
If you've added a contact's cell phone number and carrier to your address book, you can compose and send text messages to them from Webmail.
You can only compose text messages in plain text format and messages are limited to 160 characters, including the subject line. You don't have to enter a subject line for text messages. You have the option of sending them a text and an email at the same time.
- Log in to your Workspace Email account and open your product. (Need help logging in?)
- Click Compose.
- From the Send as list, select Email and Text Message or Text Message.
- Click To to select a contact from your Address Book. Use commas to separate contacts and email addresses. You can also add a CC or a BCC phone contact from your Address Book.
- To send a copy of the text message to another user, in the CC field, type the user's email address.
- To send a blind copy of the text message to another user, in the BCC field, type the user's email address. Email addresses in the BCC field do not display to other users who receive the message.
- In the Subject field, type the subject of the text message.
- In the text box, type your message.
- When you are finished, click Send.