About .at Domains
Nic.at is the sponsor and our backend provider for the country-code domain (ccTLD) .at extension that represents Austria.
Who can register .at domains?
Anyone can register .at domain names.
When registering .at domains, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported - Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your domain 2 weeks prior to expiration, 1 week prior to expiration and 3 days prior to expiration. We’ll notify you if the payment fails.
- If you don’t have auto-renew enabled, you can manually renew your domain between 3 and 30 days prior to the expiration date. You can't renew your domain earlier than the 30-day mark.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- There's no charge to transfer a .at domain to GoDaddy and there is no extension to the domain expiration date. If your domain has expired at the current registrar, it must be renewed prior to transferring.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides to request an authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cashparking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
- Cannot use a P.O. Box as an address.
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 2-8 authoritative nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6
- Cannot use: N/A
You must list the authoritative nameservers in the domain's zone file prior to registering or modifying the domain. You also need to verify the nameservers are resolving properly before assigning them to the domain in your GoDaddy account. If you're using GoDaddy nameservers, we'll handle this for you.