About .KIWI domains
DotKIWI is the sponsor and CIRA is the backend provider for the .KIWI extension.
Who can register .KIWI domains?
Anyone can register .KIWI domains on a first-come, first-served basis.
When registering a .KIWI domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration Length: 1-10 years
- Renewal Length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge your card and renew your .KIWI domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails after the first billing attempt or auto-renew is not enabled at all, we’ll park your .KIWI domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not Supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Ownership Protection: Not Supported
- Privacy Protection: Supported
- Cashparking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
RefundsFor details on refunds, visit GoDaddy’s Refund Policy page. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under the following headings:
- Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals
- Products Not Eligible for Refunds
- Must use: 1-13 Nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, Vanity Nameservers, IPv4, IPV6